Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bob Cringely on Talkinator

Bob Cringely, well-known computer industry guy wrote a nice article about the "Five percent solution". He uses Talkinator as prime example!

I like this idea - I remember many years ago someone telling me about Google and I thought they were nuts - "I have Altavista - why do I need this Google thing? (silly name by the way)". Or even a bigger one for me was when I first heard of YouTube - so some little guy is going against an already established Google Video with their only real distinguishing feature is that they only allow "short videos"?

Bob's right - sometimes a very established idea simply needs a 5% twist to take it to the next level.

Thanks Bob !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good work with talkinator!
But there is a lack of documentation.

Can you explain the use of the parameters?
s=?
t=?
w=width
h=heigth
c=color
b=room name
u=username

How to predefine the font size?
Other parameters for other colors?

My congratulations.