Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Fun Mailinator server stats

All averages have some fuzziness in them. Max numbers were observed but are unlikely the actual max.

100% custom SMTP Server written in Java using blocking I/O, multiple (at times thousands) of threads, and liberal use of non-blocking data structures.
------------------------------------------------------------

Average daily incoming emails: 6.5 million
Average daily incoming bandwidth: 18.4G
Average # of threads running at any time: ~450
load average: (uptime cmd) 0.04, 0.05, 0.00

Average email size: 2194 bytes
Ram devoted to email storage (compressed): 400M-500M
Average number of stored messages: 218,675
Average number of active inboxes: 94.575
Average memory allocated to Java VM: 880M

M
ax observed emails in one hour: 1,000,085
Max observed emails in one second: 1,274





2 comments:

Psalms30-5 said...

Mailinator is brilliant. I love it already. If there was a Paypal link, I would donate $5!

Gogol said...

Wow, the daily bandwidth gives me the creep!
I have found you guys are the most consistent disposable email company out there over the years. I have been using your service for ages now !
Keep up the good work!! :)